Farelogix Launches NDC-Dash to Give Airlines Timely Insights into the Efficiency and Effectiveness of their NDC Programs
Four core reports deliver technical and performance data on channel partner activity, ancillary sales, ticket performance, and look-to-book ratios.
MIAMI — April 2, 2019 — Recognizing the need for airlines to have timely insights into the efficiency and effectiveness of their NDC programs, Farelogix has launched FLX NDC-Dash. The new analytics dashboard is now available to Farelogix Open Connect/NDC customers that require transactional and performance data around the efficiency and effectiveness of their NDC programs.
NDC-Dash uses a series of dashboards to enable reporting based on data flowing through the Farelogix Airline Commerce Gateway. In addition to enabling ad hoc reporting and interactive drill down analysis of data from the standard set of dashboards, NDC-Dash also provides four core reports that highlight how an airline’s NDC API is being used. These reports enable airline executives to spot patterns, trends, and anomalies faster; and easily identify their best performing channels and see which partners are meeting their targets. The reports can also be used to forecast future activities more effectively, optimize an airline’s technical infrastructure, and identify what is driving up look-to-book volumes.
“FLX NDC-Dash is purpose-built for NDC and is designed to answer many key questions that our airline customers have. As it addresses both business and IT requirements, the wide range of insights provided will help our customers to optimize and grow their successful and profitable NDC programs,” said Jim Davidson, CEO of Farelogix. “With NDC-Dash we are delivering the information airlines need to make more effective decisions based on both technical and performance data.”
FLX NDC-Dash features include:
• Automated reporting and data visualization tools using an intuitive user interface
• Granular drill-down flexibility to enable the creation of new reports with ease
• Ability to import data from other sources such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, SQL databases, etc., to enrich retailing insights and support holistic business
• Performance analysis and modeling, and the ability to easily export data into existing airline reporting systems
• The ability to detect unusual patterns
• Purpose-built dashboards for NDC API analysis (business and technical) Multi-language capability (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese and Simplified Chinese)
• Single sign-on for convenient user access across the organization.
Core Reports Deliver Infinite Possibilities
The following four core reports – each of which is highly customizable and delivers an endless array of analyses – are included in FLX NDC-Dash:
• Channel Partner Activity (Volumes Dashboard) enables airlines to see activity by API user and transaction. This gives insights into partner activity, including the ability to quickly detect undesired behaviors which may be driving up costs, or monitor the effectiveness of partner-specific programs.
• Ancillary Sales (EMD Analysis) highlights ancillary sales volumes by agency or channel partner, country, or currency.
• Ticket Performance tracks agency sales and compares current performance against historical data using a wide range of formats (e.g. comparison by weeks, forecast, KPI, etc.).
• Look to Book enables airlines to quickly identify situations where API users are excessively searching without booking and work proactively to reduce costs.
FLX NDC-Dash uses Tableau software to help people see and understand data, get rapid insights, and make impactful, data-driven decisions. While NDC-Dash is available to all Farelogix Open Connect customers at no charge, a separate license for Tableau is required. NDC-Dash can be hosted locally or in the cloud.